There will be several posts today as I got some more painting done last night.
In my last post I complained that the tree by the door looked a bit transparent, so first thing I did was to add some shade between the branches so that there is no longer a sharp division at the edge of the door, and added some white highlights to the upper branches.
I also added some white lining to the coping work around the doorway to make it stand out a bit from the wall and the the lamp hanging over the doorway. I’m still not too sure about that lamp. We’ll have to see how it does.
Then I added flowers to the near plant. The flowers are in quinacrodone red with a healthy amount of white to tone them down. I mixed some of the sap green into the mixture and added flowers and shades into the plant deep between the foliage in order to get some depth and a bit of raw umber evn at the base.