Final changes for the day. Hard to miss the change here.
The low wall on the left hand side was bothering me. I wanted to see what would happen if I put a metal railing round the area of the balcony in front of the door. I sketched in a railing in charcoal and it seemed to make sense.
OK, so lets take the plunge. In software development this is the time that you check in your work to the source control and then start working. You can always roll back. No rollbacks in painting :-(. Maximum you can do is try to redo what used to be there.
Anyway, in the origianal there is that little wiggle in the line of the wall. In order to put a railing on the top of the wall, I was going to need to widen the top surface of the coping on the wall and then plant the railing in the external edge. This would also mean removing the wiggle and just carrying the line of the coping along in a straight line the whole way.
First I painted in the railing in white over the charcoal and then added a little sap green for flavor. Next I went down to the stonework and added in the straight lines for the new edges of the coping and the wall itself. Several layers and you would never know it was ever any different.